Monday, December 28, 2015

Importance of the Sacrament

Hey Again! It was great seeing you on Christmas! This week was full of a lot of preparing for the two meetings we had with the mission President here in Puerto Maldonado. We had a Christmas Dinner where we watched ´´freetown´´ ate turkey played a white elephant gift exchange and sang songs and gave testimonies of Christ. In the gift exchange there was one gift that weighed a whole lot. I knew that it would be either a good or a funny gift, so I went for it. I ended up having it at the end, and opened it up to find a pinapple with a face made out of bananas. We also had a devotional with President and all of the new converts of the district.

 In all of these meetings and activities a theme stuck in my head that I can´t get out. President talked about 3 Nefi 11 when Christ comes to America. Every one bows down to him, and he invites them all to come and touch the prints in his side and hands. Every one of the 2500 Nephites in the city. It must have taken all day long. Jesus patiently allowed everyone there to experience what they needed. The took upon them the emblems of His sacrifice. After, they all shouted, falling to the groud again, ´´hosana!´´ which literally means ´´save us now!´´ Christ had come to Europe and had payed for the sins of them all. The Nephites had hear and believed it was true. But, when they actually had the opportunity, which I can hardly imagine or understand, to touch feel and see their Savior, they knew and that´s when they said ´´save us now´´. We in our lives can believe in Christ and what he has done for us, but in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints we have the opportunity to take upon us the same emblems that the Nephites did every week. This week I have learned a little more of the great importance that the Sacrament has in my life. The bread and water that I partake of every week allow me to get to know better my Savior that lives in a different place, but in whom I strive to become like. 

I bought a nativity set from the jungle and a Cusco style one also. They are awesome! Everyone asked my why I was buying it, and I just told them that my mom said it would make my future wife happy. So, my companion bought one too haha. Thank you for your love for me! I am LOVING the mission!!! I hope you have a great week MOM and FAMILY and FRIENDS enjoying the start of 2016! 

Elder Jeffery

No comments:

Post a Comment