Monday, January 4, 2016

Samuel and Jannely Were Married

This week started out with a BANG! Samuel and Jannely were married this Tuesday! It was boring, as the lady up front talked and talked and talked about marriage and the law and blah blah blah, but the BEST part was when they actually gave the brides the opportunity to say something. Samuel and Jannely promised each other to be sealed in the temple one year from now! Afterwards they started thinking and planning when they want to go to the temple with their child that will be born very soon; most likely the first weeks of February! Samuel is very excited for his baptism which will be this Saturday. We are so happy for him and his wife who has been less active for three years. 

Today we went fishing! A member´s uncle has a beautiful property. It´s an open area surrounded by a river and the jungle. I didn´t catch any fish, but my companion caught one and our friend caught five. It reminded me a whole lot of the campgrounds back at home! 

I love you MOM and FAMILY and am excited for this year! It´s going to be a great one! I love serving the Lord in the mission field. I never knew how much I could learn to do and be following the Gospel, but I know that it is truely a blessing to have it in our lives and we should take every opportunity that we have to learn it, live it, and share it with the ones we love. Happy New Years!

Elder Jeffery



No comments:

Post a Comment