Friday, January 2, 2015

Christmas in Cusco

 was great to hear from you guys on Christmas!! And such a surprise to see everyone there to see me! I started off with a goal this week to start an exercise program with Elder Bird called, Insanity. It´s a two month program of intense exercises to get you huge. haha so, we started it on last monday, and after went and played soccer. I wasn´t sore at all after doing it and wondered if it even did anything. You don´t use weights. All body weight. Elder Bird told me to just wait till the next day. Boy, was he right. We felt it alright. I could hardly walk in the morning, and did not want to exercise. Elder Bird ended up getting sick,and so I haven´t done it since. haha THis week was full of inspiration. We were planning to teach a family named the Serain Family. They have slowely been starting to stop attending church. We´ve have been teaching about the sabbath day a lot, but this time, during planning, Missionary Work popped into my head. So, we taught Missionary Work. Turns out that the sister of this family was also at our appointment. She is inactive, and has two sons. Her sons are 17 and 23. They aregoing through some really rough times. The 17 year old has a kid on the way and the 23 year old is having doubts about taking his life. They refered us to them,and we ended up teaching them twice through out the week. Ronal, her 17 year old ended up coming to church a long with his mom and his girlfriend, who isn´t a member. I know that our lesson was inspired and is what they needed to hear in that moment. We had turkey for Christmas,and I haveto be honest, BEST TURKEY OF MY LIFE. Man, i´ll never forget that turkey. So I still can´t get over how huge Jeff is! What happened!! ? and his voice!? What grade is he in!? Wow. So, the Uman Family were all sooooo thankful for the gift to their little Isabel. They were all in tears when they saw it. I told them it was from you guys because hey, it is your money and all. They say thank you so much. On Saturday, I went on divisions with Elder Bird. We were walking back from a lesson, and a woman´s name came into my mind. Karina. We talked with Karina a few times, but neverhad had a lesson. I jokingly told elder bird that I had received revelation, and we needed to go to her house. on the way i remembered a talk from Elder Jeffrey R Holland that said that it doesn´t matter if you think it´s from you mind or from God. If it´s seems right, and goes with the church standards, do it. We could see the house, when on the other side of the hill came Karina and her daughter. We talked and she told us she couldn´t have a lesson until February. Afterwards, Elder Bird was like, was that the lady? I smiled and said it sure was. I don´t know why we needed to talk to her, but I know we were inspired to do so, and hopefully in the future, she can have a lesson and find the missionaries. Next westarted walking to another house. We ended up knocking on the door of a family named Zarate. The husband Welington was at work, but his wife Jeni was there with her mother-in-law and sister-in-law. The husband and family members are members of the church. Jeni is not. We got there just in time. She told us that in the past, she had had terrible thoughts of suicide. When we started having lessons (we started having lessons about 3 weeks ago) she started to feel peace and hope in her life. SHe is having lots of problems with her husband and family. She told us that just yesterday,she had said that God is not real and that she started having these thoughts again. We were her answer. We didn´t know she was thinking this, we didn´t even have an appointment set. But God know. I hope and pray that we can help her find the truth. It will be hard, but she can do it. I have a testimony of our Heavenly Father, and the Holy Spirit. if you have a prompting, ]I doesn´t matter how soft, just do it. Heavenly Father loves us all, and answers our prayers. Never forget why and what your purpose is. The Lord is on your side, He wants what´s best, even if we don´t see it. i love you family, and miss you all! I hope your new years is great, and we can all make goals that God would be happy of.. And today has been super slow and boring. haha I tried to get my companion to go with me to some ruins, but he just want




s to sleep all day. Oh well.  Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment