Monday, December 1, 2014

Uman Marriage

So this week was full of excitment. We didn´t do much teaching, running around trying to figure out the whole wedding. Turns out we didn´t need to help them out with money, because we kind of found a loop hole with the marriage. The members were amazing with helping this whole thing come together. All we had to really do is tell people what to do, and they did the rest. The family was nervous for their big days, but when the day came, they were ready. The wedding was great. The whole family was there and some of the ward also. For the reception there was a DJ and dancing, food, cake, and everyone had a g reat time. It was really hard being a missionary at the party.  haha Elder Matekel and I chilled on the side line wanting to dance with them so bad! haha I don´t think I´ve ever been to dance and not been so sweaty I want to pass out. haha Also, for the dinner they of course had pig. Like, an entire pig they brought in a bucket, chopped up into barberic chunks and served. We aren´t alowed to eat pig, so once again, we were being party poopers. haha and, to top it off, we have a curfew of 9:30. But still, it was a great success! Idk if I have the pics of the baptism yet, Elder Matekel is sending me them. Oh and about that, Elder Matekel was assigned as the zone leader in Valle Sagrado on Thursday, and left Sunday!! Soooo, I´m staying with the other elders in my room. Elder Quispe has a change, and Elder Yallico is getting a white companion. My new companion´s name is Elder Bejar he´s latino. From what I have heard, he´s ´´trunky´´ but don´t worry, I´m whippin this guy into shape real fast! I´m staying in my sector though. So, every new companion it´s a tradition to give your companion a tie to say goodbye. haha I didn´t bring any ties that I don´t want to keep! haha I should have brought some ugly ties! haha Oh well, I think I can buy ties for like 1 sole here. I will send a few pics of Saqsaywaman, the ruins I went to last week that sounds exactly like ´´sexy woman´´ haha and also of the wedding. I´ll send baptism pics next week! Wow, thell Sarah Congradulations!! Sounds like Ez had a sweet party! WIsh I was there!!! Love you and love hearing your stories!   


Hard to say goodbye to mi first companion Elder Matekel.






I promise they are happy people, they just don´t smile in pictures. I tried to get them to smile, but.. haha


No comments:

Post a Comment