Sunday, November 2, 2014

First Blessing Given In Spanish

So this week has been full of running around from bus terminal to bus terminal helping Elders with transfers get to where they need to be. There were two different sets of six Elders that slept over in our apartment on their way to different areas. The first few days of this week was getting all of them off the bus, moving thier stuff, and using the 10 matresses we now have in our room, to make them beds. One of the new zone leaders told me that this was just training me to be a zone leader. haha. It was cool to meet more elders from the mission! On the mission your trainer is your ´´dad´´ and Elder Matekel had a ´´kid´´ before I came. His ´´kid´´ Elder Enriquez came to say the night. So, I finally met my ´´brother!´´ haha. I actually ended up going and teaching our lessons with him that day, because as the district leader, Elder Matekel had to help everyone get to the apartment. We taught Hermana Maryuri. A 19 year old girl, that is very interested in religion. She knows so much about different religions, and asks some pretty intelligent questions concerning the church. She´s been praying and reading and hasn´t received an answer. Lately, she´s been looking up stuff on the internet about the church, and has been shaken by it. We ended up talking about weird stuff. Mit Romney even came up at a point. So, at the end of the lesson I just simply asked her if she had faith that God would answer her prayers. She said no, and I explained faith a bit and asked if she would pray in faith right there, to see if the church was true. She did. I felt the spirit strongly as she did so, and she started to choke up a bit. I asked her how she felt. She said peace, but she´s still confused if this is an answer or not. Saturday, we taught The Uman Family. The family with the most faith I have ever seen. They´re daughter Dina quit her job so she could start attending church. Her family doesn´t have much money and since their dad Marco has been in the hospital since Saturday, I was a huge sacrifice. They all can feel the spirit in our lessons, and have taken the invitation to be baptized on November 22!!! The parents Marco and Recarda are going to get married this same day before the baptism!! I´m so excited for their decision, and the blessing they are about to receive!  One word that all the missionaries use is ´´freaking´´ The latinos in my room especially. We made a deal that whenever anyone uses the word (which is a lot) we would all punch them. haha It reminds me of ´´flip´´ on the best two years. A woman in my ward named Hermana Leni´s mom is sick with cancer. We fasted for her and her family, and went to the hospital to give her a blessing. The blessing said she would recover. I asked Elder Quispe if blessings always happen as they are said. He told me it depends on if the giver was going by the spirit and hwo much faith the person has. A lady came over right then and asked us to give her husband a blessing. THey were members from another city. We asked who he wanted to give it. He looked around and pointed at me. I was like ohhhh dang it. I don´t know enough spanish to give this random dude a blessing! I told him I didn´t know much spanish. He told me it didn´t matter. which is true. So, I tried my hardest to go by the spirit and give this dude a blessing! It went good! I know I messed up some grammer here and there, but all that matters is it was done, and he received what God wanted for him. I PROMISE next week we will have the coolest pictures for you yet!! 
PS I got my retainer and it fits!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment