Monday, May 30, 2016

President and Sister Harbertson completed 36 years together

This week has been FULL of running around getting ready for the conference we had with President Harbertson this weekend. It was his last zone conference, and we had it in a touristic park called Botafogo! We did some fun activities with the zone and learned alot. President`s three children visited him as he ends his mission and were there in the conference! His 22 year old son, Shaun was a senior at Viewmont when my first year in high School. I don`t ever remember seeing him but, he said that he was going to look me up in his year book! haha President and Sister Harbertson completed 36 years together on the very day of the conference, so our pension made them a beautiful and delicious cake! When he saw the cake President said, ``Elders, I`m going to teach you something that you should learn after your mission.`` as he kissed his wife. It was a great day! 

Maria and Abel Bòcangel are SO willing and ready for marriage and baptism, but they don`t have the means. Abel`s trying to work more than his 12 hour shifts that he already takes by driving taxi in the city. We talked with the branch council and they are all willing to help them out, and want to get them married as soon as possible. It will take effort from Maria and Abel, but the branch is willing to pitch in also so that it`s possible. We`re very excited for their family! Abel and his two children have been waiting a while for their baptism day! 

The truth is I don`t have much time, but today were changes, and I am staying here in Puerto AGAIN! I`ll have six changes here in Puerto and about 8 months here in the jungle. 

I love you FAMILY and sorry that I can`t write anyone but I have to go! LOVE YOU! 

Elder Jeffery


                                                                                                   Botafogo

No comments:

Post a Comment