Monday, March 7, 2016

Moto Taxi Driver Miracle

There are just TOO many things to tell you this week!!! It´s been an amazing week with many new investigators that have accepted baptismal dates, but I feel like I will share a miracle that I will never forget to you. 

It was 11:45 am on Wednesday when three missionaries and I climbed into a little tiny motorcycle cart on our way to check other missionaries´rooms. I was so squished that I took of my shoulder bag and put it in the little back department of the moto. We all jumped out of the moto and walked into the missionaries´ room. We were just finishing up with checking the room, when I realized what I´d done. I looked at my companion and said that I´d forgotten my bag in that motorcycle cart. So, my camera, shoulder bag, and mission scriptures were all in the back of one of the million motorcycle carts in Puerto Maldonado. We started to think and remembered that it was red and white and had white seats. The driver had a blue shirt. So, we went to the radio station and asked them to anounce it on the radio. I had a strong desire to stop working and search for my bag because I knew that it would almost be impossible to find it if I waited until the next day. But, we had scheduled appointments. I had a impression that seemed to say that I´d be ok and that these ´´important things´´ are not the most important thing. I learned  a lesson that day about how to decern between important and most important. So, we went to the apppointments. We called every missionary in the zone and told them to be on the look out for the description. My companion and I were on our way to our last appointment that day and saw a moto that fit the exact description. We tried pulling over another moto. A man stopped ubbrutly and asked where we were going. We said yelling, ´´follow that moto car!!!´´ He opened the door where his wife was in the car and he said, ´´ well my wife´s in the taxi but just hop in let´s go!´´ We squezed into the moto and booked it towards the taxi that was already three blocks ahead. It turned the corner and this driver didn´t stop as he drifted accross the asfalt chasing the driver ahead of us. He pulled up aside the driver and yelled for him to pull over. The driver pulled over and my companion stuck his head in the window and started interrogating the taxi driver. The man was so afraid he could almost not breath as he explain that he was just starting to work and that he didn´t have any shoulder bag. So, we payed the taxi driver that brought us and went to the appointment. On Friday, we walked into the appartment and Elder Andromidas and Cabral asked if we could take a picture with them. So we took a selfie together. As we looked at the picture my companion said, ´´no way!´´ No way! I asked what happened and I looked at the picture which had Elder Cabral in the back holding my shoulder bag! I was so excited and gave him a big hug. The sister missionaries had been asking every taxi driver as well as we had been doing and found my bag!! The driver had been searching for us the whole time and wanted to hear the missionaries´ messaje!! The best part is that he lives in our sector!! We´ll be going to his house this week. I know that sometimes we get stressed over the material things of this world, but I learned and continue to learn that the promise of the Lord is true when he says that the desires of the rightous will be give according to their faith and obedience. So, when you have hard times, just focus on the Lord´s will and he will provide and you´ll feel good! THat´s my week and I am thankful for the mission and the people I can serve. There´s MUCH more that happened this week, but no time, so I love you all and hope you have a great week. Mom and Dad I am excited for your trip and am excited to visit the amazing people of Peru and the wonderfull places with you! 

Elder Jeffery 

No comments:

Post a Comment