Monday, September 7, 2015

"With the gospel I´ve found that it´s the same life, just more to live for."

It´s been a great week and honestly, I DONT want to leave Calca!! I love it here and have grown so close to the members and those who aren´t members yet! I know it´s God´s will, but if I only have two more weeks in Calca then I´m going to make these last two weeks COUNT! 

We are so excited for Edwardo and his baptism. He is so sensitive the the spirit, and has so quickly been about to trust the quiet voice of the Holy Ghost. He wasn´t going to be able to attend church because he studies english classes in Cusco Saturdays and Sundays. But, his mom told him to go to Cusco to try to find English classes Monday to Friday and so that it´s worth traveling every day, to find an acadamy where he can study and live in an apartment coming home weekends to come to church. So, he went to Cusco and found and English class, but he couldn´t find a single acadamy with that schedule, so he decided he just wouldn´t be able to attend. He got sad and was walking down the street when he felt like he should take a few steps back. He retraced his steps and looked over to see a police acadamy. He entered and turns out it has the perfect schedule. So, he´s SUPER excited for his baptism. He walked all over Calca with us all day visiting everyone. He told me about the military school he was in when he was in High School. He told me that it was the best thing that had happened to him, but then stopped, pausing for a second and said, ¨wait no, it´s the second best thing that has happened to me!¨ I asked him what was the first. He said ¨Getting to know the church of Jesus Christ!¨ 

I love you MOM and am thankful for the gospel in my life. With the gospel I´ve found that it´s the same life, just more to live for. Have a great week family and friends!! 

Elder Jeffery
Pisaq

No comments:

Post a Comment