Monday, April 18, 2016

Mudding With the President

This week has been a week to remember. I spent the week with President Harbertson and his wife. Elder Salazar and I went to Cusco, came back and President then came to Cusco to have interviews with all the missionaries in Puerto Maldonado. We took his nisson explorer 2015 through the mud filled streets. He said, ``now you can tell your family this Monday that we went mudding together.`` haha it was a great day. At the end of the day he asked to accompany us to an appointment. We went with him to Sandra and Winny`s house. We decided to talk about Enduring to the End. President shared his experience of watching his six children learn how to walk. When they each decided to stand up they always ended up falling. They`d stand up again and fall again. When they finally learned how to walk without falling, they`d hit their heads on things and run into things. He taught that our progress consists of falls and trials, but we if we keep going forward, we`ll keep making mistakes , but they won`t be as big, and our victories will be bigger making us progress continually. We then changed the subject to repentance. We found out that Winny hadn`t asked in a prayer forgivness of her sins. So, we invited her to pray. She prayed, and the next time we came to visit her, she`d felt the spirit as she asked forgivness. I know they`re feeling a change, but they have a few things that they have a hard time getting over, but I am proud of them that they are realizing that before baptism comes repentance, and to feel prepared for that ordinace, they want to be sure to repent of their passed sins. 

 I want to thank all of those who have prayed for Sandra and Winny this week, and I know that our Heavenly Father is aware of our prayers. So, Sandra and Winny have decided that they want to take a little more time to decide to be baptized. They have testimonies, but want to be sure of being able to keep the commandments after baptism. 

So, the news this week is a sad, but it`s how the mission goes! My companion, Elder Salazar will be heading to Abancay. And my new companion will be coming to Puerto on Tuesday. The good part is that my new companion and I have known each other for a long time. He`s a great missionary and is very similar to Elder Salazar. They are both from Ecuador, but Elder Niaupari is from Quito, Ecuador! 

I love you MOM and thank you for the love you show for me. The opportunity to serve a mission has really changed my life. I look back at that kid I was before I came to know what God truely has in store for me and I just can`t believe it. It lets me know that the atonement exists and why He had to suffer so that He could shape me into what He wants and not what I think I should be. I love you friends and family and hope you can all have a great week remembering that you have a friend here in Peru that loves the Lord and serving Him. 

Elder Jeffery
Elder Heslop, Me, Elder Salazar, Elder Niaupari

No comments:

Post a Comment