Monday, April 25, 2016

Arroz Chaufa

Well, in the Peru Cusco Mission we work with less actives. We teach less actives, and remind them about the missionaries that had taught them so many years ago. We remind them about the experience that they had had in their baptisms. We ask them how they felt when they were baptized, then we ask them if they´d like to feel the same way again. I´m thankful for repentance. Without it, they couldn´t feel that way again, and don´t think that any of us could ever feel that way without it. 

This week we taught Jannely´s family. Jannely got married a few months ago with her now newly converted husband Samuel. To let you know how they are doing, I´m happy to say that Samuel received the Melquisidec Priesthood this week! But, we´d never been able to talk with Jannely´s mom, and twin sisters. We said a prayer and started talking about those Elders that taught them ten years ago. They remembered their names, and talked a lot about their conversions stories. They remember how they were all together as a family, and how they felt in their baptism. They said that they would love to feel that way again. We explained how by partaking of ordenances we can become clean again. We invited them to partake of the sacrament this next Sunday. To our surprize they were actually very eager to come back to church, and have another appointment! It makes me so grateful for the opportunity that every soul has to repent!! Everyone of us can turn back, and feel what we once felt. Every person who has lived the gospel at some point of their life knows how it helps and protects us, and because of repentance everyone can be sure that they can continue or come to feel that feeling! So, that´s been the hightlight of my week. I have a new companion Elder Niaupari who I´m still trying to get to know and become his friend. Today we´ll be playing soccer or maybe going to the big tower in the middle of town to see the city. On my birthday, I don´t know how exactly, but two families knew that I love a dish here called arroz chaufa or chineese rice, so, I ate FOUR plates of Arroz Chaufa. Woah, we were so sick after those two surprize lunches. I literally almost threw up So, I won´t be eating arroz chaufa for a while.... But, I am very thankful and I thank EVERYONE who sent me birthday wishes!!! I love you ALL and I am thankful to have the best MOM in the world!! I love you! I love my FAMILY and FRIENDS and hope you all have a great week!!! 

Elder Jeffery

No comments:

Post a Comment