Monday, March 16, 2015

Fasting For Help With Juana



                                                                     My View of Cusco
                                                              Cusco Mud

                                              Elder Pavon's Birthday
 I want to just share a story to you guys about my fast sunday this week:
I had two people´s names in my mind in my fast this week. One was an investigator named Yenny, and the other a recent convert named Juana. Both are going through challenges in their lives. I asked Heavenly Father if he could just let them be happy. We wanted to do a service project for Juana this Saturday, so we announced it in church, and set a time. After church, we went to go search for a reference that we had received the following week. On our way, we passed Juana´s house, and saw her sitting outside. We went and talked to her, and told her we would be coming by on Saturday to clean up her house, and do whatever we could to make it nice. She said it was ok, so we continued walking up to the reference. After not finding the reference in their house, I remembered that Marco Uman had told me that there was a man from the ward who had an extra room. He had told us a long time ago that he would let us know if it was avalible or not, but we never heard word. I thought we could just go over there to see. His mom answered the door, and said he wasn´t there. As we were going to leave, he appeared from behind us. We asked him about the room. He asked us why we hadn´t asked him sooner, and said that Juana was more than welcome to stay in the room. It´s even right next to the chapel! The great part is that we already planned the service day, and she can move right in on Saturday! 

Thank you for your stories, experiences, and lives to help me improve mine! Have a great week family and friends! LOVE YOU MOM! 
Love, 
Elder Jeffery

No comments:

Post a Comment